Just as your kitchen soon gets cluttered if you don’t put the rubbish out every week, so your head is continually gathering clutter in the form of redundant thoughts, beliefs and judgements. Having had my Bars run regularly for over a year, I recently experienced the uncomfortable results of getting out of the habit, followed by the bliss of regaining a clear head.
Persistent Arctic conditions here in Scotland meant I’d not had my Bars run for weeks. On the third day of a muzzy head and little progress with anything non-essential, the penny suddenly dropped that I needed my Bars run, so I quickly borrowed a four wheel drive car to get up the long icy road to Joyce’s house so we could run each others’ Bars.
The next morning was bliss – my head felt so clear and spacious! (I usually notice the benefits after a night’s sleep, while some people notice the benefits right away). All of a sudden there was clarity, and I quickly dealt with paperwork that had been languishing on my desk, and other jobs. I promised myself I’d be sure to get back to having my Bars run at least every fortnight!
With a recycling pick-up every Monday, it’s now a habit to get all our rubbish out on a Sunday evening. My diary prompts me to run scans fortnightly clean-ups on my computer. It was easy to add Bars swaps to my diary, so I don’t allow my head to get cluttered up again!
How to get your Bars run:
There are several ways to get your Bars run.
- Pay for sessions with a Bars Practitioner –a great way to experience the benefits of having your Bars run, though costly on a regular basis.
- Learn to run the Bars – it just takes a day, then you can
- Swap Bars at a Bars Exchange – these groups are open to everyone who has completed the one day Bars Training. There are Bars Exchange groups worldwide, including my monthly Bars Exchange in Scotland.
- Swap Bars with another person who has learned to run the Bars. This can be in-person, or a ‘distance swap’ – as in my Taster Healing Bar.
- Run your own Bars – this is a last resort, as it’s much less potent than having someone run them for you.
If you need a quick way to clear your head, please try a Bars session. You may be surprised at the results!
The Delicious Nugget: Having your Bars run is a very effective way to keep your head clear, so you have more ease and energy to get on with your life. The best way to have your Bars run regularly is to learn to run the Bars, so you can do swaps with others.