Are you willing to allow rest to reclaim balance, healing and ease in your body, your mind and your life?
Using a tool that takes less then a minute? If so, I invite you to try Intentional Resting™
Intentional Resting™ is easy!
Choose from my Audio and Written Guides.
To Download right/option click, and Save.
- Notice something in your body or mind that’s bothering you now.
- Silently, say to yourself:
- I’m resting for _____ now.
- Eg I’m resting for my eyesight now.
- Eg I’m resting for my anxiety now.
- Then pause and see what you notice… half a minute is usually enough.
Most people experience a softening of the issue they rested for.
If there’s no change, try the alternative wording:
I’m resting INTO _____ now.
7 Tips for Resting
1. Resting is safe, and you can’t do anything wrong.
2. You can rest any time, any place! Simply rest on whatever pops up for you.
3. Remember to include ‘now’ at the end of the phrase, to bring you instantly into the present moment, which is where you need to be to rest.
4. Resting works best when you use a general phrase, rather than a desired outcome. This is because specifying an outcome involves an element of control, which is the antithesis to resting. So, ‘I’m resting for my pain now’, is more effective than ‘I’m resting for my pain to go away’.
5. Once you’ve rested for an issue, leave it a while, and then if necessary you can rest for it again. Resting repetitively in a short time is doing rather than resting!
6. Extend your rests if you like – you might choose to pause for, say 5 or 15 minutes after saying your resting phrase, for a deeper experience.
7. Have fun and let your imagination take you to lots of resting spaces!
Dan Howard is the Founder of Intentional Resting™; do visit his site for more information and resources.